Monday, April 9, 2012

A New First Entry



Hey y'all (whoever reads this) my bolg is back! This is the third time I start it over. The first time it got quite popular (if you can call popular a piece of work that's only noticed by friends and relatives), but then it got too angry, too opinionated, too much. So I had to kill my year-old blog. A few months after, while intensively looking for a job I had a great idea (or so I thought) 'reinvent my blog as an engineering blog, so that my digital footprint seems somehow more professional when potential employers look me up'. It didn't work. I didn't have much to say about engineering. I guess starting a project for the wrong reason dooms the project from the start. Will I get it right this time? I do hope so. I should be able to keep it up at least through this new chapter in my life:

Last time we saw our hero he was stuck in Canada: his student visa expired, and yet with another semester to go through to get graduated. He was trying hard to find a job. He was running low on cash. Being part of psychological studies and what not helped a bit. The only gig he could get was for a non-profit that couldn't actually pay him at the time. He had to endure a good amount of months before he was actually able to get his stuff in order. Yet, things started happening just at the right time. He traveled to the States a bit after new year's eve. He had a job interview in Boston. Even though he was nervous and didn't manage to do well in a few bits of the day-long screening event, he felt happy about it. Eventually a job offer came by post. Without delay h timee accepted, and two months and some bureaucratic struggle after, he left his beloved Canada and said "Hello America, wazup (wazup homie, don't you know me? - simón - aint you the brother of the más pingón - straight up)".

So I've been here for a bit more than a month, and things have been going quite well. I started writing a few things ever since I came for the job interview, but I hadn't decided whether to post them or not. I guess I should (as my attorney, I recommend myself to publish them). This blog, newly re-designed by the marketing team, will contain diary-like entries, the best posts of that first personal blog I destroyed long ago (I'm sorry old blog, I should have known how to treat you right and make you feel special), maybe even short stories and what-not. So be prepared, I'm going to make you laugh and cry and scream, all at the same time (Minoru, this last sentence was written thinking of you (oh yeah)).

 Now, I do realize I'm quite the hipster dude by doing this. So before going any further, I think it's important to post a few memes to get past this stage:



So that's all the hipster kitty memes I found that apply. I'd seen one that said I don't live my life, I blog it but I couldn't find it anymore when I was preparing this entry (like an hour ago).  I guess that's about it for today. I'm glad I'm back at this thing.

Peace.

1 comment: